Will your new teaching job require you to get a TEFL certificate? We have partnered with TEFL First to get you the 120 Hour TEFL certification that you will need in order to get a work permit to teach English in China. As of July 2017, most cities in China require you to get at least a 120 hour online TEFL certification in order to teach English in China. Keep in mind that for some cities, if you have over 2 years of teaching experience, you won’t need the TEFL certificate. Some cities, like Guangzhou will require you to get a TEFL regardless of your experience.
If you are unsure, consult with our job placement consultant before signing up.
One thing you can be sure is, if you cannot say yes to any of the following questions, you will need the 120 hour TEFL. If you can say yes to one of the following questions, consult with our job placement consultant before signing up, or email us at email@example.com.
- I have over two years of teaching experience.
- I am a certified teacher licensed to teach at K-12 school in my home country.
- I have a Bachelors/Masters Degree in Education.
- I have a Certified TESOL/CELTA.
Why TEFL First?
- TEFL First is accredited by International Accreditation Organization in USA, so if you are looking to teach English in China, authenticating the TEFL Certificate in USA is the least expensive method. In US, the cost to authenticate a TEFL Certificate is only $150, whereas in UK, the cost of authenticating a TEFL Certificate is 220 GBP, which is equivalent to $290.
- TEFL First certificate meets the requirements of the Foreign Expert Bureau in the People’s Republic of China. What this means is, if you just get any random TEFL Certificate, some cities in China will reject the certificate because it doesn’t meet the requirements and you will not be able to get work visa.
- TEFL First covers the essentials for you to be a good ESL teacher and you can go into the orientation program at your first job with confidence and some background knowledge on ESL Teaching.
If you are ready to sign up, or have been advised by our job placement consultant to enroll in a TEFL program, we have partnered with TEFL First. Original Price for a 120 hour online course with TEFL First is $299, but for our candidates, we provide a $100 discount, and you only have to pay $199.
Also, some of the teaching programs we recruit for will FULLY REIMBURSE the money you spent to obtain your TEFL Certificate. Please ask your job placement consultant more about the TEFL reimbursement programs.
Click on the link below to sign up for the 120 hour TEFL program through the customized order form for our teachers.